Let’s go everyone! You can tell by all of the exclamation points that I am excited!
OK, the summer gets really busy, group outings with strangers can be weird, and Magnuson Park is a long bus ride from everywhere except Sand Point. Now that all of the excuses are out of the way, grab 2 or 3 friends and come out to the Northwest Animal Rights Network (NARN) summer vegan potluck picnic and BBQ any how. This is what Summer is about. I’m hardly a stranger, right?
This party is for everyone, not just NARN members – NARN will provide the vegan grillables and beverages and everyone else just needs to bring a potluck item to share, plate, and fork. Time to show off your cherry pie baking skills or pull out that healthy summer cabbage slaw recipe. Make something with all local ingredients or get something pre-made from Central Market. Whatever you want.
This picnic is a great chance to get to know your local animal rights activists and friends, learn what NARN has been up to, or just meet other vegans and vegan-friendly folks in town. All while eating delicious homemade vegan grub and enjoying the Seattle summer. Oh, and the cost? FREE.
- Go to the Facebook invite and RSVP (or email email@example.com) if you aren’t on The Face. The “R” of this equations is important so that NARN doesn’t waste money on too much food, or have too little.
- Clear your calendar on July 29, 2012 from 12-4 pm.
- Invite a few friends who you think would be fun to go with.
- Make a side dish! Or figure out something to share with everyone.
- Put a plate, fork, and cup in your bag (reduce waste!).
- Get thee to Magnuson Park Beach picnic tables 6 – 9 near shelter #2. (Bus routes: 30, 74,75, 995 drop right in front of the park entrance).
- Eat good food that isn’t made from animals.
- Hang with your friends and make new ones (like this guy below).
- Leave. Go home and freshen up. Then go party some more. (optional)
Happy Summery everyone!!