Whether you are big into events that raise money for good causes or into causes that put on events where you can win big, the Annual NARN Auction is for you. I am coming back early from my vacation because I don’t want to miss this casual but really important party (and not just because I live to party, which is also true).
What is NARN you say? The Northwest Animal Rights Network helps make the Seattle vegan scene better, works towards the end of animal exploitation and abuse, supports other Animal Rights groups, and in general, is just a really great and giving organization. NARN members:
- Bring us the handy dandy Seattle Vegan Restaurant Guide.
- Run local animal advocacy campaigns like Friends of Woodland Park Zoo Elephants.
- Are behind the comprehensive Seattle Vegan resource site, Veg Seattle, which shares why to go vegan, what to eat, where to eat, and a calendar of vegan related events.
- Sponsor the Vegan Mentor Program. (YAY!)
- Work tirelessly to end primate and other animal experimentation at our own UW (warning, sad pictures).
- Bring us our local Animal Services Guide via the Compassionate Consumer Circle (C3).
- And do vegan out reach and education at local markets, festivals, and events.
And they do this without any paid staff! They rely on donations and voluteers to do all of this important work and carry out their mission to end the exploitation of animals.
Which brings me to the party. The NARN Annual Auction will raise funds to help them do this work in the coming year AND you get to bid on and hopefully win really great auction items. This means that 100% of your money goes to the good work that they do and no fancy salary or office space. With NARN your dollars make a huge difference. Here is just a sampling of the auction items going up for your consideration:
- Two Night stay at Someday Farm Vegan B&B on Whidbey Island
- Personal Tour for 4 at the Chimp Sanctuary Northwest
- In-home catered vegan dinner (raw, comfort, etc) for 5 from Two Chick Peas
- Susan Nichole vegan handbag
- Organic Chocolates from Sajaak’s
- One hour professional photo shoot
- 7 Days of cat sitting service
- Day of snowshoeing on Mt. Rainier with vegan snacks
- Personal kitchen cleaning
- Custom 9″x12″ acrylic painting on stretched canvas of your pet
- Homemade vegan cheesecake, baklava, and other desserts
- and so much, much more.
But even better than that, my favorite, DJ Pelvis will be in the house, spinnin’ his 60’s garage, proto-punk, and fuzz magic AND acting as the auctioneer for all of these wonderful goods. There will be light snacks and beverages too! All this for only $10 entry. Go buy your tickets now via PayPal, the Wayward Cafe is a smallish joint and won’t hold a hundred of us!
NARN Annual Auction
When: Saturday, March 19 at 7:30 PM
Where: Wayward Cafe, 5253 University Way NE, Seattle