I’m probably a little late posting about this because there are only a handful of tickets left, but this is kind of the biggest event to come to Seattle in recent memory.
NBA Champion John Salley will be in our town talking about his amazing wine brand – The Vegan Vine. If you don’t know who John Salley is, google him! Just kidding: John is a really famous basketball player, entertainer, wellness advocate, entrepreneur, and most importantly, an outspoken vegan who sticks up for animals every chance he gets. I know, right? Plum Bistro will be hosting the event with their amazing fare and donating the profits to Pasado’s Safe Haven.
Plum will be packed with animal-friendly people and purpose on Sunday September 14, 2014. But more importantly, how can you pass up this menu?
- Central Coast Sauvignon Blanc: Crystal clear with citrus grassy nose. Bright Acidity, crisp refreshing finish.
- Chardonnay: On the pallet, mango & coconut with an appearance of grapefruit.
- Central Coast Red wine: On the palate bright cherries, toasty oak & vanilla.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Solid, acidity with light tannins. A long finish with a hint of vanilla & spice.
- Charred Pesto Tofu Skewers with asparagus, purple potatoes.
- Mint & Fresh Coriander Seitan, Croquettes, pickled figs on bruschetta.
- Fig & Onion Jam Puff Pastries, with soy ricotta, arugula, balsamic reduction
- Trumpet Mushroom Scallops with sweet pea puree, lemon white wine sauce.
- Cashew cheese bruschetta, with oven roasted cherry tomatoes, balsamic reduction.
- Korean BBQ Shiitake Mushroom Tacos, with rice wine pickled beets.
- Chickpea croquettes with roasted beets, sliced citrus mint.
- Lavender Plum Compote Filled Beignets, dusted with powdered sugar.
I’m so glad that Chef Makini Howell is getting the attention that she deserves, because I think this means that she might meet more awesome people like John and bring them to our town. See you there!
Sunday September 14, 2014
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
1429 12th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122